[at-l] Kids packs

Hey all,

This year I'm making a big push to gradually ease my 9 year old daughter
into backpacking.  We have a good plan, I think, to bring her comfort
and fun level up.  Right now she doesn't like the idea of backpacking
too much, but she does enjoy day hikes, and she does like the woods.  I
think mainly she's just afraid, but we're working to get rid of that
fear and hopefully be the end of the summer we'll be able to go on at
least one good weekend trip.

Anyway, I'm going to be buying her a backpack to use, and I was
wondering if anyone has any good ideas on what to get her.  I was
considering just getting a camelbak.  That would allow her to carry her
own water and some of her food and maybe some emergency stuff
(definitely a whistle).  I'll worry about carrying the rest of
her stuff for now.  So, packs for kids?

Cleek
--
The opposite of paranoia: The absurd belief that one is NOT being persecuted.