[at-l] AT-L Content (Old Master)

At 03:20 AM 3/1/02 -0500, Rocks&Roots wrote:

>  We debated along, with me taking many broadsides (like the one
>here) after attempting to prove a valid thread of relevancy to my advocacy
>apology. My case came down to many waging outright challenges to TP's methods
>and effectiveness. They were quite brutal and not very objective. It was
>clear a guarded dislike for anything WF was being undertaken to uphold the
>blockade. When several letters were produced completely and undeniably
>proving TP's worth, suddenly the interest stopped cold dead. So much for
>honest pursuit of truth on an open AT site I guess...   I suspect the above
>is in reaction to that. That is why, when I see quotes like, "he's downplayed
>and disputed listers contributions to the Trail" aimed at me, I am confounded
>by the lack of restraint in light of the previous incidence. Frankly, the
>rest is more of the same and is really what should be considered for
>discontinuance...

Take a deep breath, RnR, and see if you can't fashion more
coherent sentences, will you?  I know, it may be tough, after
the rude words just directed at you by Oldmaster.  IMHO,
Oldmaster was way off base in his attack on you.

I think it would be tragic if AT-L were to suffer the same fate as
WF's site, but that is not likely to happen... I don't think.

I have some *very* strong feelings about TP and WF, but I'm
not sure the folks on AT-L want to hear it.  To be brief:  the
best TP I know of is the stuff I wipe my butt with.  TP is the only
list that I've ever been expelled from, in many years of very active
participation on a variety of listservs.

Every list community I've ever been part of has had its family
squabbles and its "relevancy police."

rafe b
aka terrapin