[at-l] AT-L Content

I see your point, and at one time I felt the same. After getting my system
down for the massive amount of at-l mail I had no problems.

I have my main in box for normal non list mail
then a box for the following
at-l
backpacking light list from yahoo
gear testing from yahoo
Explorer auto sorts my mail for me from the rules under the tools menu. I go
in to my folder and view by subject... If something isn't my interest I just
junk all with that subject. Very simple very effective. I can go through 100
mail in like 2 min unless their is some long threads I'm reading.

As for your forum based suggestion no offence but that software really
really stinks. If you really interested in setting up a web page forum. I
can show you some really top notch forum sites so you can get an example of
really nice useful software that makes messages easy to read and use.

The bottom line is this is everyone's forum and your not going to be able to
conform your idea of what is AT-L and what isn't AT-L to all these people.
In reality everything you could want to know or asked has been talked about
100 times all read. What is the point of making up trail talk. I have never
seen anyone have a problem get info from at-l when they needed it. Their is
only so much you can talk about and say when it comes to hiking info... YOU
WALK, EAT, SLEEP

JTW
>      Today's List content is a good example of why a format change could
be
> productive.  Most of what filled my mailbox today was not remotely Trail
> related and mainly consisted of chat room material. I believe AT-L could
be
> improved if a descending scroll website forum was established for
> non-archiveable material. Most of what I scrolled through today does not
> deserve the time, space, and effort of being deposited into an archive
file.
>      I know some don't like any suggestions, even productive ones, but
after
> converting to such a format I believe even the most resistant doubters
would
> find it an improvement. Persons who disconnected from AT-L because of
volume
> would find it easier to access AT-L at their leisure instead of AT-L
> accessing them. Yes, I know AT-L is available in condensed form, but the
open
> chat board format is easy to use and better serves the majority of present
> usage.
>     I await your condemnation...
>
>     To see an example of such a site view:
>
>     http://www.toru.com/mboard/mboard.cgi