Re[2]: [at-l] AT-L Content

"... I would think that they would un-subscribe rather than have their mailbox
filled with stuff they didn't want day after  day. "

 I think not necessarily. Most I suspect become very skilled at hitting the
 delete key. Several have certainly left because they found the list traffic too
 heavy to keep up with. They told us so.

 Some come here to learn what they need for the trail. Some to enjoy the
 chatter. Some to answer questions. Some to push for trail protection.... There
 are probably many reasons and many combinations of reasons.

 " Does that
>mean the lurkers are mostly turned off by the friendly chatter?" Papa Bear
>asks.

Given human nature and our oft expressed desire to be alone on the trail, I'm
sure some are. How many? Your guess is as good as mine.

Theoretically, RnR's suggestion for two separate formats has some merit. But  I
suspect we would quickly mingle the two. The internet is not something people
think a great deal about. Whatever thought that comes to mind will be posted to
whatever format we happen to be in at the moment.

That was certainly true on our euthanized former competitor. And one reason it
was closed down.

Weary