[at-l] 2 poles or one?

> Don't many trekking poles have a tri-pod (mono-pod) attachment for a
> camera?  Just a thought... might help with the not having enough hands for
> two poles and a camera.
>
> -James T.

Don't know about many.  Try this:

http://www.backcountry-equipment.com/poles/compactravelstaff.html

You can make your own, like I did, by drilling a pole and epoxying a screw
of the appropriate size into it.  You cover the screw with a wooden ball
that you've glued the appropriate size nut into.  Most of the time, though,
I don't carry that one and just rest my camera on my pole without the
benefit of the screw.  Works fine.

There are lots of times when I'll carry a light tripod, and now I've found a
'pocket' tripod that weighs about two ounces and literally fits in your
pocket.  Of course it's only 3 inches high, but works well to steady the
camera on a log, stump, rock, etc.

Shane