[at-l] Impact of Hiking?

On 27 Feb 2002 at 16:29, Lynn Setzer wrote:

> So, I'm kinda curious to know how my experience stacks up with yours.
> Anybody care to comment?

Time spent in the woods makes me that much more appreciative
of the comforts of civilization.  Running water, morning shower,
a soft bed, clean sheets, good food, hygiene, etc.

And I get irritated when these treasures are wasted -- ie., sink
water left running, lights left on, meals left unfinished, etc.

I find I'm comfortable living life at a somewhat slower pace than
most of the folks around me.

rafe b.
aka terrapin