[at-l] Re: BrrrSleeping bags

Well, my section this year starts 4/27 at DWG to Hudson River/Bear Mt. Inn
or environs. Hopefully close enough to get a train or bus to Grand Central
Station and thence to Newark Airport for my May 7th flight home. Distance
is about 106 miles to Bear Mt. Average mileage is planned around 11 per
day, not counting town/resupply walking. I've got information about
regional bus and other transport resources in case weather or other problem
dictates and change in the schedule. I like to walk early, dawdle often and
cook before dark. I'm not so sure that is too different from most thru hikers.

At least I have the freedom to choose which time of the year I attack a
section. From the sounds of it, I'd hate to be doing this section in June
or July like most thru hikers will.

OrangeBug