[at-l] 2 poles or one?

In a message dated 2/27/2002 6:45:03 PM Eastern Standard Time,
rafeb@adelphia.net writes:

> >Of course everyones different,
>

> It would be unwise to suggest that either Lekis or a hiking
> stick are going to ensure the well-being of your knees.
> I think it's something else, more to do with conditioning
> and hiking style, and maybe even luck.

Ahem, read my first few words again.

As far as I can tell you're suggesting people start hiking without Lekis or
poles for assistance, like the good old days.  My suggestion is to try and
prevent injuries before they happen.

After a month or so, if you think you're capable and things are looking good,
send home the Lekis if you think that's right.

How far did you make it again?  For what reason did you stop?  And do you use
poles or not?

Sly

multipart/alternative
  text/html