[at-l] distress signals

While we're on the subject I saw something the other day at Eastern Mountain
Sports that surprized me.  They have light weight air horns (like the ones we
use in industrial settings for signalling/disasters/etc.) for hikers.  Seems
to me like the sound from those would carry better than a whistle (we use
them during plant shutdowns for signalling and you can easily hear them above
all the compressors and other noise in play at those times).  They only
require that you squeeze the trigger.  Anybody ever thought of carrying one
of those?

Black&blue

In a message dated 02/27/02 6:52:50 PM Eastern Standard Time,
rafeb@adelphia.net writes:

> I must admit I've learned something on this thread;
> I honestly didn't know about the "universal distress signal."
>
> I knew about "SOS" of course (which is 3 sets of 3) but
> not about the signal you all seem to be discussing.

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---