Re[2]: [at-l] Jesus was a hiker. WAS: dominion.... WAS: Mice.

"... Anybody ever get married on the trail? asks Shane.

 We debated this issue some months ago. If I remember rightly a number of
 marriages were reported.

 Margery and Earl Towne, aka Honey & Bear, who now run the Cabin Hostel in
 Andover, were married six or seven years ago in March at a shelter near
 Glencliff NH. We all skied or snowshoed in a mile or so for the ceremony --
 including the minister.

 They had met on an AMC hike, did about 600 miles of the trail with me in 1993,
 became trail maintainers, and finally husband and wife and hiker hostel
 proprietors.

 A giant bonfire kept us all warm in the 10 degree temperatures. Note to Jim
 and/or Ginny. The fire probably burned more wood than would have been consumed
 by 10,000 Zip Stove users thru hiking the trail and made hardly a dent in the
 forest.

Weary