Fwd: [at-l] Rainbow Springs CG /Water was.... gear lists

Jensine wrote:
>Snow last night, just a ground cover, but 8 degrees this a.m. and only 17
>this afternoon.=A0 Wind chill 25-30 below.=A0 More snow on the way.

Sly -
There's your answer - if it's snowing/raining in the mountains the springs
will flow - at least for a while.  But we've had VERY little rain up this
way. Last I heard we've had less than 50% of normal precipitation for the
last 6 months - including the mountains.  Streams in SNP that are normally
full at this time of year are just trickles now.  The Potomac at Harpers
Ferry is at least 2 feet lower than I've ever seen it (even in mid-August).
We got a little rain near DC last night, but WC said it didn't do much good
in Harpers Ferry.  We'll be out that way again next weekend and see what it
looks like.

Walk softly through that dusty mud,
Jim