[at-l] gun shot signals

> >Most people would!   However, most law enforcement officers would
> >immediately head towards the noise.  We don't pay those guy enough!
>

> Although this is odd, of course -- because gun owners
> are quick to remind us that law enforcement won't be
> there when they're most needed, ergo the need for guns.

When I was living in rural Ponchatoula, LA (in a little place called
Bedico), we called three times for police, once for EMS, and twice for the
fire department.  The fire department responded immediately both times, in
less than ten minutes.  EMS never came.  The police never came.  Well,
actually, the second time we called them, they came out the next day and
asked us if we had called them yesterday...

There are lots of places where there is no law enforcement, and sometimes no
law.  City folk have a difficult time conceptualizing that sometimes.  Ergo
the need for guns, CPR skills, fire-fighting skills, common sense, and lots
of other stuff...

Shane