[at-l] Re: BrrrSleeping bags

Charles Copeland wrote:

> I think this thread illustrates a significant difference between a
> thru-hiker and a section-hiker.  The thru-hiker, I believe, has the luxury
> of not having to follow a set schedule.  A section hiker usually has to
> follow a schedule in order to finish at the planned destination in the time
> allotted.

Perhaps this is so. But, do section hikers not enjoy tea in the morning? And,
why are thru-hikers (or, long-distance hikers more accurately) chastised
because they don't stop at every overlook or viewpoint? Same kinda thing, I
think. I'm also thinking that an extra fifteen minutes in the AM drinkin' tea
ain't gonna upset an entire day's schedule. Plan it in there to begin with. Or,
make up for it through the day...they're 24 hours long no matter how far you're
hikin'.

--
Felix J. McGillicuddy
ME-->GA '98