[at-l] Re: gear lists

Depends on how much/what kind of cooking you do, how much water you
drink in the evening, and how readily water is available near
where you are camping.  If you are next to a spring or stream or
lake, then you can get by with a much smaller capacity.  I began
with the ability to haul 4 liters of water, but am moving up to
a 7 L capacity.  Why?  I like to be lazy in the evenings and only
want to fetch water once.  I also drink a lot of water in camp.
When I'm actually hiking, though, I rarely carry more than a
liter.

Chris

Chris Willett
cwillett@math.uiuc.edu