[at-l] Re: gear lists

Hiya

Just completed my pack list. Pack comes to 45lbs which is about 5 lbs
heavier than I want but we'll see if I can shave anything off before I
go. I haven't hiked the AT yet (leaving late March / early April) so
this is untested, but the weight is about normal for hikes I've done in
the White Mtns in late summer / early fall. The gear list was developed
by using this list (thanks all!), the AT Workbook, and a bunch of web
sites, as well as the input of friends.

PACK

2001 MountainSmith Specter (5lb, 5 oz)

WORN

Asolo 520 Leather Gortex Boots Ventigator Gaiters Wool hat Wickable Long
underwear shirt EMS Convertible Pants Polypro Shortsleeve Shirt Poly Pro
Sock Liner Wool Socks Cheap Sunglasses Northface Windproof vest

TOP COMPARTMENT (easy access during day)

Bandanas (3) Convertible Fingeless Gloves / Mittens 1 Pack Waterproof
Matches Lighter Documents Ziploc, containing Maps (for current section
only) AT Data Book ALDHA Companion (pages for current section only)
Compass 3 AAA Batteries (replacement for Headlamp) 4 AA Batteries
(replacement for camera) Roll of twine Petzel Tikka Headlamp (with 3 AAA
batteries)

MAIN COMPARTMENT (moderate access day / night)

Wickable Long underwear bottoms EMS Nylon Rain jacket with mechanical
vents Helly Hansen Rain Pants MountainSmith Pack Cover Northface
Wickable Long sleeve shirts (2) Nylon Hiking Shorts Polypro Sock Liners
Wool socks Fleece Sweatshirt Stuff Pillow Northface Cat's Meow 20 degree
Sleeping Bag Sleeping Bag Stuff Sack Food Stuff Sack, containing: 11 lbs
of Food for 5.5 days
        1.3 Liter Stainless Steel Pot Primus Classic Stove Gas Canister
          1 plastic spoon 1 plastic mug 2 Ziploc Bags for garbage Ziploc
          for smelly toiletries, containing: Tooth bush / Toothpaste
          Mouthwash Floss Roll-on deodorant

MAIN COMPARTMENT INTERNAL POCKET (infrequent access)

Cell phone Ziploc, containing Cell phone Cell phone AC Adapter Personal
Info Ziploc, containing: Cash 3 ATM / Credit Cards Driver's License
Cigna Card 3 personal checks Personal Info Sheet Medical Ziploc,
containing: 4 Gauze Pads 8 Band Aids Neosporin 6 Dayquil 1 pack moleskin
Small roll of tape Small scissors (for cutting blisters) 3 Disinfecting
Alcohol Pads Needle (for draining blisters) 2 pairs contacts Gear Repair
Ziploc, containing PUR filter lubricant 2 Pack / Tent Swatches 3 small
circular adhesive patches 1 large rectangle adhesive patch 1 swatch
no-see-um netting 1 replacement bootlace 1 small compression strap 1
small roll duct tape 1 tent pole splint 4 medium plastic band 1 glue
stick 4 Alcohol Prep Pads 1 small vial of pins 1 large safety / diaper
pin 1 small tube seam sealer 1 medium plastic clip 1 spool course thread
2 assorted buttons

ACCESSORY PACK (easy access)

Daily Toiletries Ziploc, containing: DEET Bug Repellent Advil Gold Bond
Lotion (ant-itching / anti-pain) Tube Sun Block Chapstick Vitamins Eye
care Ziploc, containing Contact Case Travel Size Saline Bottle Eye drops
Glasses 2 small waterproof Journals Pen

STRAPPED TO PACK / EXTERNAL POCKETS

Whistle Sandals (strapped to bottom compression straps) 2 One Liter
Nalgeen Full Length UltraLite ThermaRest Tent Pole Stuff Sack Tent Poles
Tent Stuff Sack, including Sierra Designs CD Light Tent Fly Guylines
Stakes Watch (on front panel zipper)

Front Panel Pocket (easy access) Two Liter Platypus (empty) Camera Bag,
containing: 256 meg flash memory card 32 meg Flash memory card AC
Adapter Kodak digital camera (with 4 AA Batteries) Water purifier ziploc
1, containing: PUR Water filter Intake hose Water purifier ziploc 2,
containing: Output hose Bottle attachment Replacement water filter