[at-l] Poisoning wildlife and other remarkable suggestions....

better yet - one black snake per shelter apparently would do the trick;
there is at least one mice-less shelter mentioned in the ALHDA companion
as having achieved that ultimate state of hiker grace via its resident
black snake . .

thru-thinker