[at-l] Wood stoves: a threat to the trail?

On 25 Feb 2002 at 18:41, Ron Martino wrote:

> In other words, I think we all have issues that we think have
> nontrivial impact, and others that we think folks are just nitpicking
> over...

Well put, Ron.

Even the most conscientious thru-hiker has probably
squashed thousands of innocent little critters underfoot,
on his or her journey from GA to ME.

We take a toll on the earth simply by being.  So the
goal ought to be to put back at least as much as we
take.

rafe b.
aka terrapin