Re[2]: [at-l] Wood stoves: a threat to the trail?

Bob Writes;

>  Nor are your weight estimates comparing alcohol stoves realistic. My
estimate
>  of a pound per day consumed in Zip Stoves assumes 20 minutes per meal
cooking
>  times. Based on what I read about alcohol stoves on this list, 11 ounces
of
>  alcohol will not last long if you need to burn the stove 40 minutes per
day.
>  Rather, I hear stories about an ounce of alcohol bringing two cups of
water to
>  just barely a boil.

And of course in the comparison of wood vs.. Alcohol, the comparison doesn't
take into account what it takes to produce each ounce of alcohol or the
container it is sold in. Of course if you are only concern is "not in my
back yard" I suppose it's ok to look at a lopsided comparison, that assumes
Alcohol grows in the container on the store shelf.