[at-l] Deet on synthetics

"...Label says: "keep off synthetics ...". Well I don't wear anything that's NOT
synthetic. Any one know if it will damage the typical nylon (Supplex) or
polypropylene (fleece) clothes typically worn by hikers?"

  Deet dissolves synthetics, but it does so slowly enough so you probably won't
  notice. However, it's a reason for wearing cotton, at least in the summer.

  More serious DEET will etch the plastic lenses of cameras and eye glasses. It
  had destroyed my reading glasses by the time I reached the Whites. A friendly
  guy I met at the Lake of the Clouds Hut donated his drug store glasses, which
  got me to Katahdin.

  Weary