[at-l] poisoning shelter mice

I have to agree with Shane about killing shelter mice, although I, once
again, disapprove of his methods.

First of all, mice are not an endangered species in the woods.  They
proliferate like crazy, and take advantage of available food and shelter
to multiply even quicker.  Killing a couple million of them wouldn't
affect their population next year in the least.

Secondly, unless you have some religious reason for feeling like all
life forms have some sort of eternal soul, mice are expendable.  In
fact, I think killing the little rascals with mouse traps makes for good
sport, although a blood sport I'll admit, and provides entertainment for
a dull evening in a shelter at sundown.  Unite, all you members of the
R.A. society!  Who gives a R.A. about whether they live or die?

Thirdly,  let's not go spreading poison throughout the environment any
more than we have to.  Poison is one of those indiscriminate forms of
destruction that doesn't restrict itself to the intended victim.  Other
creatures eat it and it also tends to have a residual effect on the
creature eating the poisoned creature.  I'm not particularly fond of
snakes, but they do eat the mice, and I'm satisfied with their role in
that regard.

I'm not knocking Baltimore Jack's great affection for all creatures
great and small, but the shelters being there has affected the
environment positively in regard to mouse reproduction, and mortally
bonking  a few of them on the head will do but a little to bring it back
into it's previous balance.