[at-l] Roll Call

As many on this list know, I (with a partner also recently retired) am =
undertaking the northern 900 miles of the AT in 6 segments starting =
around April 1st.

Approximate schedule:

Delaware Water Gap to Kent Ct. April 1 - April 14.

Kent CT to Bennington Vt. May 9th - May 23rd.

Bennington Vt - somewhere in NH (hope to get a few days past Hanover) =
June 1 - June 14th

Somewhere in NH to Grafton Notch Me: July 6 - July 21.

Western Me: Aug. 3 -  Aug 17th

The end: Sept 3 - Sept 17th.

I expect Thru-hikers will begin to catch us sometime in June and by July =
and August we should be in  the mid pack.  At Katahdin in mid September =
I expect it will be like Grand Central Station.  Look for us.

One fixed date: we will cross Mt Washington on July 13th.  I know this =
because we have reserved space in Lakes-of-the-Clouds and Madison Huts =
for July 12 an 13 and a bunch of our runner friends will join us for =
that weekend. We will adjust our start time in western NH to meet this =
date. I figure this has been waiting over 40 years, so what's $69 per =
night for 2 nights.  And if the weather cooperates, my wife, son, =
daughter-in-law and grandson (who will be 10 months old) will meet us on =
the top of Washington on July 13th (they will drive).  Good photo-op! Be =
there and get in the picture! (I know, it will be sleet and fog with 45 =
MPH winds).

Another nice thing: my daughter Paisley from Oregon will meet me in =
Monson for the last 115 miles in September.  I promised her I will join =
her for a couple of weeks on the PCT next year.

See you out there!
Pb

multipart/alternative
  text/html