[at-l] Final Pack Weight

My base pack for a 10 day section (whenever it gets started) is 20 pounds and
change.  Water and food for the first two days (Hummingbird and Dutch Treat
are keeping a food bag til they shuttle me at Neels, but they don't know that
yet) will make that 27 pounds leaving Springer.  The food bag swap (with the
other 7 plus days of food and restocked water) will put me back up at 37 or
38 pounds restarting Hogpen.  So we all sound like we're in the same
ballpark.

Black&blue

In a message dated 02/24/02 12:46:29 PM Eastern Standard Time,
eisenbud+at-l@cs.swarthmore.edu writes

> On Sun, Feb 24, 2002 at 08:48:54AM -0800, Karin Claus <karinclaus@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
> > Hi!
> > For the first time, I put everything in my pack that I
> > am going to carry (including water) and weighed it.
> >
> > I'm at 35 pounds. (the pack, that is).
>
> This sounds pretty good.  I started from Amicalola with a pack weight of
> 38 lbs.  As you go north, you can gradually get rid of warmer clothing.
> I rearranged equipment enough that I hiked out of Harpers Ferry with a
> 28 lb. pack, and that was with four days of food and more water than I
> needed to be carrying.
>
> -Dan

multipart/alternative
  text/html