[at-l] Trip report...medical report...book report

Hi. I'm new to the  list and thought I'd introduce myself. I
joined the list in the summer of 1995 and have just kinda
lurked since then. I may have posted once about something to
do with dogs. I'm not sure.

I just returned home from a trip to New Jersey. I underwent
some surgery that, unfortunately, has proven to be
unsuccessful. The quote from the doctor was "...just too
powerful". So, I live and hope.

Now, as for the rest of the trip to New Jersey...I recently
moved my girlfriend, Oscar (yes, that is a trailname) to a
town called Sussex. Imagine that...me, in a town called
Sussex. Anyway, as luck would have it...and, the location of
the property...we (Oscar and I, when I am there...just Oscar
when I am not) are less than seven miles from 10 different
AT roadcrossings. We can leave her apartment and be at
Pochuck Shelter in less than half an hour...that includes
driving, hiking and smoochin'.  So, Friday afternoon, we
took a couple of gallons of water to the shelter, as that is
a DRY section of trail, and a dry shelter. I hiked that
section in January and it was mostly dry...it is bad when
springs are dry in January. So, I hope to tote lots of water
to roadcrossings and the Pochuck shelter this summer.

I also went into the hostel in Unionville, NY. Four bunks in
a small, windowless room. I hope to get more familiar with
Unionville this summer to get a feel for what the business
there are like and how hiker-friendly the town is. It is
VERY close to the AT.

Lastly, I guess...Me and Oscar had Moby...the dog...with us.
We walked down the bog-bridges to the bog near the Wallkill
river. Moby had ticks on him when we were done. Lots of
them....little ones. So, global warming is having an
effect/affect on lots of things.

I still haven't written a book.

near Pochuck Shelter. Not much water, but lots of ticks, on
AT in NJ. Book isn't done being started.

Back to lurking.

--
Felix Febrero
ME-->GA '98