[at-l] Final Pack Weight

On 24 Feb 2002 at 8:48, Karin Claus wrote:

> Hi!
> For the first time, I put everything in my pack that I
> am going to carry (including water) and weighed it.
>
> I'm at 35 pounds. (the pack, that is).

If that's with five days' food, plus water, then I'd
say you're doing OK.  How much do you weigh,
if we may ask?

Clearly, "bigger" folks can bear more weight --
that's the main reason for asking.  If you only
weigh 90 lbs, soaking wet, then 35 lbs might
be a bit much.

35 lbs. is well outside of "ultralight" territory,
though.

rafe b.