[at-l] Scanning Question (Way OT)

On 23 Feb 2002 at 14:29, The Weathercarrot wrote:

> So, given all of
> that, can a compressed version be viewable like that on the screen, and
> another version downloaded onto a CD for higher quality printing? (if people
> have fast enough connections, etc)?
>
> The other option would be to have a CD copy mailed to people if they want
> one (free), but my ability and/or availability to do that would be limited.
> This would allow people to circumvent that process...

Since you've been given conflicting information, why
not try it out yourself on a small scale, and extrapolate
from there?  It's not rocket science.

My prediction is that printable maps, of the entire trail,
will be too much data for downloading. But I may not
properly understand the nature, size, or quality of the
maps you wish to present.

Whatever the size of the file you need for the screen --
multiply it by 4 or 5 to get the equivalent size (in bytes)
for a printable version.

Bear in mind that not everyone has broadband access
to the internet.

rafe b.
aka terrapin