[at-l] Hungry, Hungry Hiker :-> WARNING!!!

At 11:25 AM 2/22/02 -0700, Ron Martino wrote:

>patrick.loomis@ch.novartis.com wrote:
> >
> > Speak for yourself!   :-)>
> >
> > >realizing that you really didn't need your
> > >entire Grateful Dead bootleg collection, for example.
> >
> > >rafe b.
> > >aka terrapin
>
>         You guys need to get with the 21st century. Use MP3s, and then your
>collection won't weigh any more than the player, regardless of the
>number of songs in it. The 12-inch woofers, on the other hand...

I was referring to a very real case that occurred in 1990.
Fella started at Springer with one very large selection of cassette
tapes, and (amazingly) carried most of them at least as far
as Damascus.  The hiker in question did finish at Katahdin,
though I'm not sure he still had the tapes at that point.

rafe b.