Feedback from Hiker Stink Thing was RE: [at-l] Re: Hiker Stink

When you want to do your thing, remember that your thing may IMPACT on
others.  And even third parties.  Suppose you're so maloderent that a skunk
would want to be upwind of you, and suppose you go into town carrying your
badge of oder.  "Townies" and visitors to that town are going to associate
that stink with HIKERS.  Which is how "bigotry" gets started.

If you're going to do the "hiker (stink) thing", try and remember others
when you tent or shelter down for the night.  And especially remember them
when you head into town.  Shout "I am a Yoga'er".  At least the Townies and
tourists will think you're a religious fanatic. ;-)

Ommmmm....

William, The "Swamp" Turtle
-----Original Message----- EDITED
Reminds me of a case last fall.  I was doing a few nights NOBO in SW VA,
when a group of SOBOs joined me for one night in a shelter.  An early
arrival warned me of a SOBO hike who would be there shortly.  Other, who
arrived after him were on his case and apologizing to me for his retch.  He
admitted he had not bathed since PA and was arguing with everyone about it
being the "hiker thing" to do.  BTW -- he was also a big time Yoga'er.

Chainsaw