[at-l] Frogg Toggs vs. nylon windshell

Somewhere in the deep recesses of a closet in my house is a Tyvek jacket I
received from work (safety prize or something).  It's never occurred to me to
try it for backpacking... I may have to try it as it weighs nothing.  If I
can find it, I'll post label information.

Black&blue

In a message dated 02/22/02 8:14:41 AM Eastern Standard Time,
atrerunner@yahoo.com writes:

> i saw a used windbreaker of unusual looking fabric hanging on a
> thrift-store rack, and when i checked the content tag, i found it was
> made of Tyveck. Has anyone here sewn from patterns with this stuff?
> Frogg Toggs are a little pricey, but Tyvek scraps are free for the
> asking. Whatever happened to Tyvek-Man?

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---