[at-l] Hungry, Hungry Hiker :-> WARNING!!!

On 21 Feb 2002 at 16:32, Shane wrote:

> Somebody ought to put up little signs every so often.  "Carrying too
> much stuff?  Leave it here for the next guy."  That way people wouldn't
> just chunk it into the woods so that the rest of us have to hunt for
> it...

I remember leaving just such a contribution at Gooch Gap
shelter, and then being the beneficiary of other similar
"leavings" over the next few days...  cans of fruit cocktail,
that sort of thing.

I suspect lots of folks make radical adjustments in those
first few days... realizing that you really didn't need your
entire Grateful Dead bootleg collection, for example.

rafe b.
aka terrapin