[at-l] Re: Hiker Stink

The thread and the story of Goatbutt's attitude reminds me of a recent
Atlanta politician's complaints about Smart A**ed White Boys. Rapidly,
SAWB buttons spread like wildfire around the state.

I suspect it is not the smell that reeks as much as the attitude.
Minimal use of hygiene can reduce a great deal of the scent that comes
from sweat and exertion over several days. Perfumes can detract from
the smell somewhat, but if the attached person acts like a goat, the
stench will remain consistent with their behavior. Emotions and scent
detection run together in our brains, making such first impressions
quite lasting.

It is a reason to ride with the window down and to apologize
pre-emptively regarding this fact of life.

Bill...