[at-l] Permethrin application question

Perhaps you know or have read something recently on the subject. While
there have been frequent allegations, I have not seen literature
documenting real world human toxicity with DEET. I doubt there would be any
studies on children due to the ethics of human experimentation and lack of
a financial benefit for those performing such tests. I am not aware of a
substantial literature of toxicity in children, either. That would be found
in case reports. Backpacking Magazine reviewed this controversy about a
year ago, finding no credible literature supporting human toxicity from DEET.

The application of 100% DEET on anyone is not recommended, due to efficacy
issues and not toxicity. I doubt there is any evidence that risks for DEET
are significant compared to the known risks associated with ticks,
mosquitos and other insects.

OrangeBug