[at-l] Permethrin application question

Permethrin

I worked in the laboratory that developed permethrin many years ago. It
was my job to raise the fly populations that it was tested upon. Dr.
Morgan was very careful to impress upon me the following fact:

"A small fraction of an ounce of pure permethrin is enough to kill and
adult human."

Therefore I would not hesitate to say that wholesale and wanton use
beyond what is stated in the directions is decidely unwise.

DEET

DEET is known to have toxic side effects under long term exposures,
particularly to small children. The application of 100 percent DEET is
not recommended on small children at all. As to whether the side effects
are worse than the disease, well, that is up to each user.

As others have said, I think I will take my chances on a few months
exposure to DEET.