[at-l] The Government and The Environment

In a message dated 2/21/02 11:09:48 AM Eastern Standard Time,
spiriteagle99@hotmail.com writes:

> George W Bush - Yale and Harvard graduate, smart enough to take positive
> action after Sept 11

    ***  A few more recent actions I've read about were a deliberate
disassembling of the Clean Air Act, torpedoing the roadless bill, and
fighting for an annual invasion of buzzing, smoking snowmobiles in the
Yellowstone wilderness. Rangers at the entrance where the snowmobiles gather
have to wear respirators and have air supplied to their booths. I'm sure
screaming snowmobiles were not in the plans of the park's founders. The
stormers simply see this as part of their public park access rights.
Yesterday I read a post on AT-L about airborne particulates causing a
decrease in annual rainfall with worldwide ramifications.

     What gets to me Jim is your overall attitude of cynical support by way
of discrediting your opponent without really directly addressing the issues.
How can you, basically, show strong support for increasing air pollution in
the middle of a record drought that could very possibly be the direct result
of those policies? Does focusing on the failures of the opposing party do
anything to solve this?

     I know you won't answer this, but if you did, please just answer how the
three examples I mentioned work for the environment? This is probably another
one of those underhanded and diabolical things the government does that you
don't agree with, but you'll tolerate because you know the real story and if
people woke up there would be a reckoning where all this proved right.
Geesh...

    Let's deal directly, without the sanitizing, self-excusing
rationalizations, on what these actions entail and which administration
vigorously endorses them in these critical times. Jim won't answer, but he
would probably endorse downplaying global warming, this drought, the funky
winter, and general environmental decline in order to support a regressive
administration and its pitiful, corrupted objectives...

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---