[at-l] Help Needed. Start date for Roanoke, VA

Is your concern about the weather at the VA or at the VT side of your hike?

Judging from the drought conditions and current weather patterns, I'd be
surprised if you find much snow or extended cold weather in VA. Personally,
I wouldn't start in Virginia before mid-late March if you are worried about
snow or a cold front.

OrangeBug