[at-l] Shelters from hell.......

In a message dated 2/20/02 6:46:04 PM Eastern Standard Time,
baltimorejack@hotmail.com writes:

>  Oh, and along these
> lines, Governor Clement in Vermont is an equally lovely mouse dungeon.
> Pitch black in there, even at high noon.

I totally agree with what you say about the Governor Clement Shelter...I
stayed there this past August....BUT...in addition....this shelter is on a
dirt road and is frequented by GOOD OLD BOYS...usually late at night...after
11...A guy drove up on his all terrain  vehicle equipped with deer jacking
lites...Let me tell you Jack...he lit that place up like High Noon...right to
the deepest  and darkest reaches of the shelter...We had heard the warnings
about the goings-on there from a couple who had stayed there a couple nite
earlier...but I stayed with two guys who had a large dog and thought we'd be
safe...The dogs barking and growling did finally get this "prick" to
retreat...ALL OF THE PUBLICATIONS WARN HIKERS NOT TO STAY THERE....ITS GOOD
ADVICE!!!!!

Bob

multipart/alternative
  text/html