[at-l] Permethrin application question

Are there any issues with longterm use of DEET on a thruhike? Rather
than using for a week, we're talking about months, so are there any
precautions that need to be taken to make sure you don't hurt
yourself in any way? I bought the Sawyer Control Release Deet
Formula. Says on the back:

"The Sawyer Controlled Release insect repellent uses the patented Sub
Micron Encapsulation technology as developed by Coulston Products. This
process evens out the evaporation rate of DEET by encapsulating the DEET
in a skin friendly protein. Each application provides effective
protection while at the same time limiting the skin's exposure to DEET
thereby significantly reducing possible DEET absorbtion."

Not sure whether this is a bunch of BS but looked good in the store.