[at-l] Permethrin application question

Permethrin usually is anticipated to last through a few washings. I
don't know that a "year-long" application should be expected,
especially with the tough service of long distance hiking in weather
and sweating.

DEET has its role for applications on uncovered skin. I suppose one
could use permethrin, bug netting and gaitors and while avoiding
mosquitos and such. Other ideas include daily sponge baths with wet
camp towels or bandanas to augment the daily tick checks that no one
does. My pattern is sponge bath and combination DEET with sunscreen.

Welcome to the campfire, by the way.

Bill...