[at-l] Pen Mar Park

Can't speak for today, but last October the answers were no (at) and yes
(near).  PenMar is a county park open dawn to dusk only (hence the
interesting parking arrangements that must be made to ensure your car is not
locked in for the night).  The open space across from the park, where we got
permission to park overnight on our section hike, has no camping option that
I could see.  You are surrounded on three sides by streets, houses and
streetlights.

Devils Racecourse shelter is about four miles south (that's near for me,
YMMV).  Would not advise stealth camping immediately south of the park as it
is reportedly routinely patrolled all hours due to teenage and other
hanggliders.

Black&blue

In a message dated 02/20/02 6:14:23 PM Eastern Standard Time,
onestep4me@hotmail.com writes:

> Is camping allowed at or near Pen Mar?
>
> My 1996 Data Book says Yes, my 1999 Companion says Not in the park but
> refers to a campsite near the corner of Chestnut Street and High Rock Road,
> and the 2001 online Companion just says NO.
> Anyone know for sure? or is it "what part of NO don't I understand?"

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---