[at-l] Shelters from hell.......

On 20 Feb 2002 at 18:42, Jack Tarlin wrote:

>    In any case, this was the most memorable shelter this year.  As far as
> the good ones, my favorites remain Overmountain, Chestnut Knob, Riga, and
> Goddard.  <snip>

Gak.  Isn't Chestnut Knob a stone building?  Struck me
as awfully dank and depressing.  Nice site, but I
wouldn't want to sleep there.  Felt the same way
about Blood Mtn. shelter.

My all time favorite, I think, is Pierce Pond shelter,
just south of the Kennebec.  Not necessarily for
the structure, but the setting.  Talk about religious!

rafe b.
aka terrapin