Fwd: [at-l] Dick's Dome shelter and other things I appreciate

Phil Heffington wrote:

>>Thanks to all of you for the labor from which I benefit.  Which of you was
>>it that said, "We all live on stolen land, drink from wells we did not
>>dig, and warm by fires we did not build."?

Phil -
That's especially appropriate since, if memory serves, the Dick's Dome
shelter was originally built on private land - by the landowner.

Except for a couple missing shingles, your picture actually looks better
than it did when I was first there  :-)

I've never stayed there, though.  The one time I was supposed to stay there,
I looked at it, got a "really" bad feeling about the situation and left.
Every other time I've gone through that section we've had other plans and
didn't bother to stop.

Walk softly,
Jim