Re[2]: [at-l] Purell vs. Poison Ivy?

> "...I find it interesting that some keen on Silent Spring have
> little respect
> for keeping the water and grounds free of soap...," says Orange Bug.
>
>  I have asked again and again on this and other lists for some scientific
>  reference that suggests soapy water deposited away from streams
> does any harm.
>  I'm still waiting.

Far too many summers ago my buddies and I had a nice retreat in Alabama near
Montgomery.  A mountain spring ran down into a pond, where it was warmed by
the sun, then the pond overflow would flow down about a mile into the river.
This little stream had its own little waterfall up near the pond.  While we
were still young and stupid, we would bathe right there in the water fall.
Soaping and lathering...  The fish didn't seem to mind.  In those days we
were relatively very hard on that environment.  Having visited three years
ago, I can attest that you'd never have known that a crowd of savages had
bathed in the stream for weeks on end, or that we had ever been there at
all...

Shane