Re[2]: [at-l] silent spring

"...When we got new neighbors with 3 or 4 outdoor cats, those visits stopped,"
reports Rick B.

We feed six feral cats and one feral kitten that we managed to tame and turn
into an inside only house cat. It's too complicated a story to relate how we got
them in the first place, but all except one has been trapped and "fixed," so the
cycle may be ending sometime in the coming decade or so.

 However, we seem to have a full complement of bird life -- from the geese and
 ducks in the bay to chicadees in the cedar tree. The cats have a productive
 role. My beets tend to be less chewed on these days and my winter squash is now
 harvested without holes from mice.

 Cats are natural killers. I saw our indoor cat peering out our bedroom  window
 this morning at some chicadees. "Remember," I told my wife, "he would eat us
 too if we were smaller."

 Weary