[at-l] pittsburgh 02/19/02 945am

just about 1/4 mile into my hike today - in the midst of a moderate ascent, no switchbacks.  my legs are fatigued, but happy, as am i.  for breakfast: baked grapefruit (adorned with brown sugar, cinnamon and butter), waffles (butter and syrup), orange juice, hazelnut coffee...

the b&b owner drove me to the post office this morning to get my drop, then to a deli to get a pastrami sandwich and chips to hike in for lunch, then to the trail.  my stay at the b&b was peaceful.  four people live in the residence, and two small friendly dogs - the one yapping at my door at 628am this morning to get me up<g>...

i am layered with clothing.  poly longjohns, poly hiking pants and shirt, HATT fleece jacket, acrylic knitted pull-over-the-ears cap, wool gloves that let my fingers stick through, with a flap to pull over the fingers.  i wear poly liner socks and wool hiking socks.  my shoes are new balance 572 walking shoes (13eeee) with velcro instead of laces.  knee braces and gaiters round it all out.  kahley will be sending me a scarf, to complete the ensemble<g>...

pittsburgh

This mobile message sent using PocketMail.
Sign up for unlimited e-mail at www.PocketMail.com.