[at-l] Purell vs. Poison Ivy?

The perfumes may attract varmits to your tent. The suds are a concern
for contamination of water supplies. It is considered a violation of
LNT. I find it interesting that some keen on Silent Spring have little
respect for keeping the water and grounds free of soap.

The idea of daily bathings is a rather recent American success story in
marketing. Daily sponge baths with a bit of bandana or camp towel has a
role in hygiene and tick removal. It may also help you care for your
feet. Soap is not a requirement for such hygiene. Purell and similar
agents (including iodine solutions) have a role in cleaning wounds or
hands post toileting.

Bill...