[at-l] Latex Rubber - Info Resource

This is just from a real quick web search; looks like a good info
source; from a quick read, it looks like latex rubbers are produced with
little heat, so more natural proteins remain in the rubber, and the
allergies are thought to be triggered by that.  Other natural rubbers
come from the same tree "sap" to start, but are heated and that kills
off many of the potential allergy proteins.  The article I skimmed was
also interesting from another perspective - kinda related to my previous
post on how there are no "black and white" solutions to many
environmental concerns.  In this article about latex allergies, I
learned [for the first time] that most other nations laugh at the U.S.
and say there is no such thing as this allergy, for it does not yet
exist at any documented levels of concern in most other countries, nor
witht the workers who harvest it every day, and so those countries view
the U.S. concern over the allergy as - of all things - an international
trade barrier issue!  I have no idea who is "right" [another one of
those pejorative labels!], but that sure threw me for a loop!

Here is the URL for learning more:

http://www.Immune.Com/rubber/index.html

thru-thinker