Subject: "Weird is..." was RE: [at-l] prolific listers

From: William Neal <nealb@midlandstech.com>

>The point is normality depends on where the "majority" stand,
and the majority doesn't keep still.

LOL - you could probably go through a gross of grad schools
without discovering this - well said!

And to make this at least mildly trail-related, *weird* I can
deal with, even *prolific,* but *mean* leaves me cold every
time.  I enjoy the variety of people, on the trail and on the
list.  Here's to getting to know more, & better.

One of the best things I ever heard on this list was HYOH.  It
tickles/saddens me every time I read someone say someone else
is doing it *wrong* - the hiking or the listing.  Even out
there in the *real world* it's sad, but amongst hikers, it
seems a pure pity.

And for me - normal never *was* the goal. :-)

Delita

--
Delita Wright
Chapel Hill, NC