[at-l] Purell vs Poison Ivy?

I can't give you any scientific information.....but, since we started
carrying these alcohol base hand washes in our survey vehicles we almost
never get any poison ivy. In the past someone almost always has poison
ivy on them somewhere, sometimes in bad places :-) Doctors will tell you
that there is only a short period of time after exposure in which to wash
the oils off. I find using Purell type washes or just isopropyl alcohol
even 2-4 hours after exposure makes a big difference. This post is what
is know as "anecdotal information" and as always YMMV.  Elves of course
know what it looks like, so we avoid it.

woodelf

On Tue, 19 Feb 2002 13:53:06 -0500 kahley <kahley@ptd.net> writes:
> Is it just my imagination or does slathering on
> the Purell after exposure defeat poison ivy?
-l

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---