[at-l] Re: Map & Compass Work

> I have very little sense of direction when I'm in
> buildings, though.
> If you ask me to point to my home from my office, I
> pretty much
> can't do it.  Maybe with a lot of thought.

Oh man, I saw myself in this post.  Put me in the
woods, or at least where I can see my surroundings
other than buildings, and I can pretty much get a good
sense of direction.  But, stick me downtown...  I was
going to a meeting at a friend's place downtown.  His
directions said to take the north exit of the Metro
station.  Ok, that's easy enough.  It's labeled.  Then
he said to turn East, go 1 block, and then turn North,
go 4 blocks.  Now I realize downtown DC doesn't have
the tall buildings of other downtown areas, but come
on.  I had to call him on my (shhh) cell phone and ask
for rights and lefts, not norths and souths...

=====
--
June 13-16, I'm riding my bike 330 miles from
Norfolk, VA to Washington DC to raise money