[at-l] Map & Compass Work

It's a talent. <G>
And an inherited one at that. My dad can do the same thing. Somewhere I read
(years ago) that some folks (like me, perhaps) have more iron in their brains
and naturally attune to the magnetic poles...LOL

For me it's a mental map. I honestly couldn't tell you street names to get
somewhere, but I "map" landmarks in my head and can follow them easily to
return to a point. It just happens, I don't have to concentrate hard on it.
It's been great driving back to places I used to visit when I was a kid, and
actually being able to find them without a map!

The GPS is for work. If I'm hiking for fun, it doesn't come with me.

Cheers, Navigator