From: at-l-admin@mailman.backcountry.net
[mailto:at-l-admin@mailman.backcountry.net]On Behalf Of Shane Steinkamp
Sent: Monday, February 18, 2002 8:25 PM
To: The Wizard; AT-L@mailman.backcountry.net
Subject: RE: [at-l] "Shane Steinkamp"?

> Some were generic spam, but some were at-l.  In
> particular, I noticed that
> a lister called "Shane Steinkamp" had 15
> (fifteen) posts between 10:47 pm
> on 2/16 and 12:08 am on 2/17, several in reply to
> a single topic.

Wow!  I'm famous!  I've got my very own subject line on the
AT-L!  Thanks for caring enough to check out my stats,
Wizard!  I checked yours too - although your only post this
month has been to b1tch about me...

> Am I wrong in thinking that people who abuse the
> list like this are
> dragging it down, making it of less utility to
> those who could benefit from
> it?  If I am wrong, then EMAIL ME PRIVATELY to tell me!

You didn't respect me enough to email me privately, why
should you expect such a reciprocation?

I'm here for a few reasons.  First is to help my buddy
thru-hike in 2003.  Second is for my thru in 2006 or 2007.
Third is to have fun.

Should Ryan tell me to knock it off or slow it down, I will.
It's his baby, and I have no doubt that this list costs him
considerably if not in money then in time and effort - and I
have yet to discover what he gets out of it except for the
personal satisfaction of serving us bums.  I dearly respect
his work, and those that assist him.  (Don't know all of
you, otherwise you'd be named here too...)  In fact if
anyone who regularly participates in the list would send me
an email and say, "Hey man, your stuff is a little
ridiculous.", I'd be likely to respect that.  If a lurker
doesn't like my posts...  Two suggestions:

Use the delete key or use your software to auto-delete my
posts.

Anybody else think I'm dragging the ship down?

Some topics on the list have gotten a little crazy lately.
We've got hair color going on for one, and the women's
issues topic got very silly.  I'd like to say, however, that
just because we lighten a subject does not mean that we take
that subject lightly.  I will admit that a chat room may be
more appropriate for some things, but I'm only on the
list...

Anyway, your opinion is welcome, even if I don't agree that
I'm dragging the list down.  I really like this list, and
have tried to support it by posting rather than lurking...

Shane